Well, I got some fun news earlier this week. Craig and I will be headed back to Lambeau in November to watch the Pack play the dreaded Bears – in the same club seats. Whoop! I had to wait to share the news until I was sharing my nachos, I mean, it just makes sense, doesn’t it!?
One of my favorite appetizers to get when we are out is nachos. That being said, I’ve had some reeeal crappy nachos. I’m sorry, but melting shredded cheese on top of chips, just wont cut it. I want the melty, reeeally good for you cheese. The kind that you question how much if it is real cheese.
Craig and I combined our super-
nacho macho powers to put together a stellar ingredient list for a super stellar nacho experience!
– 1 lb beef, browned
– shredded lettuce
– chips (our favorite are the Tostitos Cantina)
– sour cream
– Tositos salsa con queso, medium
– salsa, medium
– Mezzetta jalapenos
– sour cream
– Mezzetta banana peppers
Making nachos is pretty self-explanatory, no? That’s just a list of our favorite ingredients. Here are some tips we’ve got for ya, though:
– Heat up your salsa con queso in the microwave for at least 30 seconds. Don’t be lazy, take it out of the jar to do this. The idea of warming cheese, cooling it, and putting it back in the fridge freaks me out. Seriously. Ack.
– After you pile your chips get that queso on them asap! When it’s nice a warm it’s easy to spread it over your chips. The queso also serves as a great glue to keep all of your other toppings stuck to the chips!
– We opt to not use taco seasoning in our meat. We think it lets you enjoy the taste of all the “fresh” ingredients you use.
– Eat fast! Though our favorite chips are the Cantina chips, they’re also quite thin, so it doesn’t take a ton of time for the chips to get soggy.