Has this been the longest week ever? Why yes, it has. I don’t know why it took so long to get to Friday, but here we are. Finally.
I’m linking with Amy at Long Drive Journey. She chose a vegetable and fruit of the month and we were charged with the challenge to create something fantastical with them. The linkup went live yesterday, but I didn’t have the time to create this apple-y goodness and get a post together to share it!
With the bell peppers, I made crockpot fajitas last night! It’s sort of my go-to recipe when we have company. Low stress and I’ve always gotten rave reviews on them. I’ll be sure to share that recipe at some point. But, for this month, I wanted to create something new. And I did! And it was scary. I’ve had a couple baking recipe disasters when I’ve gotten adventurous. I hate that taking a chance can mean wasting a whole crap-ton of ingredients. Lucky for me (and you!), I had a great success!
– 8 Tbs browned butter
– 1 c flour
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 large egg
– 1 c brown sugar
– 1/2 c chopped walnuts
– 3 medium Granny Smith applies, peeled and chopped into 1″ cubes
Look at that beautiful browned butter. Since taking the plunge and giving it a go last week, I’m a little bit addicted. The smell is heavenly. I used Jessica’s post on how to brown butter. I’ve done it twice now and it’s turned out perfectly!
Whisk together cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, and egg. When well mixed, add walnuts and applies; stir until combined.
Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
Spread into a greased 9×9 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Oh, you’re wondering where the pumpkin part of this post is? There isn’t one. But I needed something to make my title catchy. Did it work? Now, don’t you worry, I’ll have some fab pumpkin recipes to share this fall!
- 8 Tbs browned butter
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cut into 1″ cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9×9 pan and set aside.
- Whisk together cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and egg until well combined.
- Add walnuts and apples to butter mixture, stir until combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread into greased 9×9 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.