It’s been a pretty quiet week in our household. I’m thankful for that. Craig is busy with school work and I’ve been powering through books like there is no tomorrow. Most recently:
Winter of the World is part of the Century Trilogy. It took me a little bit to get through the first book (Fall of Giants). I kept getting overwhelmed with the historic part, but I loved the characters. But, Winter of the World was a fast read. By fast, I mean a few weeks, because the book is hundreds and hundreds of pages long. But, it kept my interest and I’m more in love with the characters than I was after the first book. I didn’t find it easy to predict and I’m really itchin’ for the third book to come out this fall. HURRY!
I read Blackberry Winter in 3 days. Literally. I flew through it. I loved it. Some reviews I’ve read called it predictable, but I didn’t think so. I had guessed some of the connections between characters, but not to the full extent. I really enjoyed how Sarah flip-flops between Vera’s story and Claire’s. I would definitely recommend this as a summer read! Perfect for the beach!
Obviously, reading is what I’ve been doing in my free time. It wasn’t until yesterday that I realized I didn’t have any additional posts prepared for the week. Usually I’m prepared weeks in advance! Ooof. Preoccupation at it’s best. But, with many of my family traveling this summer, I thought it was worth mentioning some of the good reads I’ve enjoyed as of late.
– You may have noticed I’ve added a new page to my blog – “Run, Run, Running.” There you can follow my trials and tribulations of training for my fourth half marathon. I’ll be running with my best friend, Kim, in Madison. Now, you might think that by the fourth, it shouldn’t be any big thing. HOWEVER, I’ve taken a very long vacation from running and I’m pretty much starting from scratch.
– Excited to share I’m a Sweat Pink Ambassador! It’s a community of women that offer support and encouragement to others as they strive to live fit lives. You can link to their website via the button on the right of my page or on my “Run, Run, Running” page. #sweatpink
– I love weddings. I love them more when I don’t have the stress of it being my own. Last night I enjoyed some time with Whitney, helping her create her wedding invites. Craftiness and weddings? Sign me up!
– This looks like an amazing summer dessert. I love the chocolate/raspberry combo.
– I get a little bitter when I find awesome ice cream recipes to find that you need an ice cream maker to make it (imagine that!). I was happy to find a frozen yogurt recipe that only requires freezing yogurt (now, imagine THAT). Yummo.
– And finally, this Watermelon Pico looks to die for. Anyone who knows me knows that I love Mexican food. And this? This just takes it to a whole new level.