I really love these Sunday Socials! It’s giving me an easy way to share some random information about me, without allowing me to drone on and on and on. Thanks to Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup for hosting.
1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
When people don’t use their blinkers!!! I have a weeee bit of road rage anyway, but get behind someone that changes lanes with signaling, turns without signaling, or turns on their signal while turning (defeats the purpose, people!), it really drives me insane.
2. Biggest Blogging pet peeve?
This is tough. I don’t think I’ve been around long enough to have found one. I don’t love it when bloggers don’t give a good sense of who they are on their “About.” I mean, I can understand why for privacy and stuff, but I typically don’t up following those blogs. I prefer when I can learn something about them as a person – if I can identify them, I typically better enjoy their writing.
HICCUPS! The first response I get with that answer is, “but, people can’t help it!” Yes, I know they can’t, but they still drive me insane. Especially when people do nothing to control it. Ugh. I do have a way to get rid of them – for real! And no, it doesn’t involve drinking water upside down. I’ve tried a lot of different “remedies” and here is the one that has worked for me every.single.time.
Inhale as much as you can in one breath. Hold your breath for 5 seconds. Without exhaling, breath in as much more as you possibly can and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat once more without exhaling at all! Finally, after doing it 3 times, exhale all of the air. Wa-lah! Your hiccups should be gone! I guess it makes your diaphragm stop spasm-ing.
4. What is your most irrational fear?
The dentist! This response is usually met with, “Well, no one really likes the dentist.” No, you don’t get it. I really hate the dentist. Like, I have previously sought out dentists who do sedation dentistry because I get so anxious. Like, my hands get clammy. Like, when they drill it takes all I have to not curl into a ball and cry for my mother. I attribute this to a horrific experience with a root canal with I was 17. Again, “Well, that’s not pleasant for anyone.” No, it was really unpleasant for me. Like, my dentist sucked and at one point there was literally metal instrument to nerve direct contact. Bleh. I feel queasy just thinking about it. I will forever leave with the fear that even during a cleaning there will somehow be sickening pain. Wow, this is a long response. I have a bigger issue than I thought. Think this means I need therapy? Yikes.
5. 3 celebrities you’d want to have dinner with?
– Kristen Bell – but only if I had a sloth to bring along. I think she is hilarious. If you haven’t seen her reaction to the sloth on her birthday, you should YouTube it. Or you can click on the picture above and it will link to it through Ellen.
– Joseph Gordon Levitt – just because he is insanely good-looking. …I’m sure he’s a great guy too. But, he is reeeally good-looking. I love him in “500 Days of Summer,” especially in the scene I linked to via his picture above.
– Kevin James – the guy from “King of Queens.” I’ve forever had a crush on him. He is hilarious and adorable. I love the scene in “Hitch” that I linked to via his picture above.
…Until next week!